Immigrate To Canada – Part 2 How To Do It Alone – Federal Skilled Worker Class

Skilled Worker And Professionals Class

The applications of those people are based on professional skills and the likelihood that they will contribute to the Canadian Economy. To Be accepted as a skill worker, applicants must: meet the minimum work experience requirements, prove that they have enough funds required to settle in Canada, and earn enough points in the six selection factors minimum of 67 points out of 100.

Those applicants must also have at least 1 year continuous or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in one of the 28 qualifying occupations, or have already arranged employment with legal Canadian employer, or have lived in Canada legally for at least 1 year as temporary worker or be international student currently residing in Canada. In addition to scoring the minimum of 67 points and qualify for one of the above mentioned conditions, they have to prove that they have enough funds to support them and their families after arriving in Canada. They have to also undergo medical examinations and security clearances.

The Qualifying Occupations are:

– Restaurant and Food Service Managers

– Primary Production Managers (except agriculture)

– Professional Occupations in Business Service Management

– Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners

– Biologists and Related Scientists

– Architects

– Specialist Physicians

– General Practitioners and Family Physicians

– Dentists

– Pharmacists

– Physiotherapists

– Medical Radiation Technologists

– Dental Hygienists & Dental Therapists

– Licensed Practical Nurses

– Psychologists

– Social Workers

– Chefs

– Cooks

– Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry Trades

– Contractors and Supervisors Mechanic Trades

– Electricians (except industrial and power system)

– Industrial Electricians

– Plumbers

– Welders and Related Machine Operators

– Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanics

– Crane Operators

– Drillers and Blasters – Surface Mining, Quarrying and Construction

– Supervisors, Oil and Gas Drilling and Service

First of all you have to see if you qualify under any of the above mentioned jobs. If you do not then you are not eligible to apply under this class. If you do, then you have to meet the minimum requirements which are determined and marked according to the Six Selection Factors:

Work Experience



Language Skills

Arranged Employment


Please note that applicants under the Federal Skilled Worker Class can apply for permanent resident status and temporary status at the same time. This is called Dual Intent. Applying for both types of visas you demonstrate the intention to both reside in Canada permanently and only temporary at the same time. Even though it looks controversial, it is possible. Just assume that you have submitted your application for permanent resident but meanwhile you are waiting to get the permanent visa, you decide to visit Canada as a visitor or student or temporary worker. Then you have to submit another application for temporary residence and this is totally acceptable by the Canadian authorities.

Full details about the Six Selection Factors and the assessment procedure, you can find inside our Immigration Consultant, which will guide you through the whole procedure right from the beginning to the end for a successful immigration to Canada, without having to spend thousands on Legal advisers and Immigration agents. Remember you can do everything alone and save money for your new start in Canada.